Fresh Start


Hi there! I've been away for so long I sort of forget how it feels to write here. It's been a very busy couple of weeks but I've achieved an important career milestone during my hiatus from blogging, so it was time well spent!  Now, to get back to it >>>

Sometimes we all need a fresh start. Winter can take a lot out of you, especially if you live in the Northeast, so the first days of Spring are always a welcome change. What's my favorite thing about springtime, you ask? Spring CLEANING of course. To me, the best part about the first few days of warm weather is that urge to spruce up your life for all those sunny days ahead. I usually like to take a Saturday to really give the apartment a deep clean: windowsills, floors, oven, all those little places that have gone overlooked all winter; maybe even a little furniture rearranging (if there's time! do you think there will be time?!).

After the deep clean is finished, its always fun to liven up the place with a few "fresh" additions. Here are my Springtime apartment must-haves:


+ Fresh flowers. I love to splurge on a bouquet of fresh flowers for our apartment on the weekend. Really feeling the tulips lately!

+ A fully-stocked bar. We've been cooped up all winter in our tiny apartments- Spring is the time to let loose. Mix up some refreshing cocktails with a cute tray of bar accessories, like this one styled by Liz Bachmann of Grey & Scout.

+ Summer bedding. I'm currently on the hunt for a lightweight bedding set for summer. My down comforter and mircofleece will have me sweating through the night come April.

+ A splash of color. I've been roaming Art.com for something like this. It would be perfect for that blank wall in our living room...


Hope you enjoyed. Happy Spring, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment