Wine, Cheese, and Novogratz

I definitely know a party when I see one. Which is why I had to stop into CB2 on 59th and 3rd Avenue when I passed by last night on my way home from work. This particular party was for the launch of Home by Novogratz, a book on home design by Cortney and Robert Novogratz and the Novogratz Collection, their signature line of furniture and accessories. I was able to catch them both amid all the buzz (they have seven kids, you know) and chat for a few minutes while they signed my newly purchased copy of their book.  Most importantly though, I made it before the wine and hors d'ouevres ran out. ;)

Cortney and Robert are the duo behind NYC-based interior design firm, The Novogratz. For 20+ years, the couple has been designing spaces for celebrities and everyday families alike. They've had their own show on Bravo (9 by Design) and another currently on HGTV (Home by Novogratz). Now they've co-authored a book on how to bring their laid back, modern style to your next redesign project. The book itself is filled with 20 projects, each with a distinct style and a detailed breakdown of the budget (my favorite part). It's also got lots of great tips for redecorating and plenty of suggestions on how to use bold, bright colors. I'm really looking forward to pouring over this one with a nice latte on Saturday morning.

CB2, the little brother of Crate and Barrel, is a great place to pop into for some decorating inspiration. CB2 appeals to a younger, hipper crowd than C&B since their products are decidedly more urban and modern. The layout of the store itself is neat and organized, but with plenty of whimsical touches. Check out some of their furniture, home goods, textiles, and the Novogratz Collection, here.

I'm so glad I decided to walk home on one of the first rainy, cold nights of Fall. It was well worth the chill!

No comments:

Post a Comment