Monday To-Do's



As an avid runner since my high school days, I was devastated to see the tragic events that unfolded today at the Boston Marathon. The Boston Marathon is the pinnacle of competition in the sport of long-distance running, and a remarkable accomplishment for both elite and novice runners alike. What should have been a day of celebrating so many runners' tremendous hard work and great achievement was marred by a sad, senseless crime. Although everyone I know who ran and watched the race today made it out unharmed, my heart aches for the many spectators and runners who were not so lucky. Having finished a half marathon this weekend in Central Park, this felt especially real and scary. I hope that in the days and weeks to come, we will see some good come from this heartbreaking day.

I think it is safe to say that all of our hearts and prayers are in Boston tonight.

>>>

Although Monday is almost over, I always say it's never too late for a list. Do I actually say that? Not really... but here's a quick look at what's been keeping me so busy and what I'll be prioritizing this week. This week I need to....
+ STRETCH. Yesterday, some girlfriends and I completed the More Magazine / Fitness Magazine Women's Half Marathon in Central Park. Although this wasn't my first half marathon, it did have a completely different feel than my previous ones- likely because this race was composed entirely of women. Talk about girl power! I am completely sore today though... Check out photos and a race recap here.

+ Buckle down. I'm in the midst of studying for another big test (sigh). This is test # 3 of 4 for a professional certification I'm working on, and boy does it feel never ending. Gotta keep at it and get through these next couple of weeks.

+ Edit. This week's organizational project is to do a closet edit. It's time to pack up the winter coats (never thought I'd be able to say that) and make room for some spring and summer attire. Wahoo!

+ Refresh. To reward myself for the half marathon, I am looking forward to a massage and pedicure this weekend. Ahhhh, how lovely. :)



What are you going to accomplish this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment